We hope you have a great day and that you get to spend it with family and friends. One more wish would be to have it here; our own red, white, and blue, pool side party!
-Andrea and Megan
The 4th of July is coming up in only 2 days. Do you have any plans? My family is potentially planning to brave the crowd and go to our Santa Monica beach for our fun family outing.
Although we don't have any big plans for a party, I keep coming back to this Fabulous 4th of July Pinwheels Party from Hostess With the Mostess shown below. How incredibly cute is that? There are so many great details that you can be inspired from to help you celebrate the 4th (or any other celebration/party) this year.
Here are a few basic things you'll need to recreate this look-
- A backdrop for impact. You can sew yards of fabric together, or find a cute bed sheet to hang. Option here.
- White table cloth. Option here.
- A roll of Kraft paper to put over the table.
- Various cute scrapbook paper options in red, white, and blue (for banner and toppers for desserts). Options here, here, and here.
- Cute lanterns to hang (with ribbon), and if I'm not mistaken those are from the dollar section at Target.
- Pretty food (they had various bakeries help with their cute creations).
- Ways to display the food. See the marshmallow pops flanking the cake? Those are in two washed out tin cans that have been wrapped in cute paper... what a fun and simple diy! Use what you have on hand, or go find some things that are inexpensive and either wrap them in paper/ paint them/ etc... find a way to make it work for you for everything to look cohesive, but not break the bank! DIY cake stands here.
And just because that one picture doesn't do all the details justice, here are some close ups -
Nothing says 4th of July quite like sparklers... I have a lot of happy memories using sparklers at my grandparents house throughout my life. Do you?
What are your plans for this Independence Day? Do you have any fun traditions?