Kelly and her husband DIY'ed the heck out of this room. And all for only 157 dollars! Here are the images to get you as impressed as I am -
The state the room was in when they bought the house.
The quick fix of painting the walls and getting rid of the popcorn ceiling.
The grand DIY makeover.
1. It is fresh (white/lighter color) and interesting (patterns).
2. Speaking of patterns, I love the mix of the simple wide stripe on the floor, with the more elaborate soft (yet still a bit graphic) stencil on the wall. They balance well and help to make the room seem larger.
3. I love organizational things. Seriously, The Container Store and I are bff's. So clearly I love the visual effect of the beautiful methods to keep her frequently used things organized.
4. The light fixture. It's totally awesome. And her husband made it, which makes it even more amazing.
5. Wicker. For many years I underestimated wicker. But it can instantly bring warmth and texture to a space, which is definitely the case for this room with the various baskets.
I'm very impressed. Maybe this seems dream-like to me since I share one washer and dryer with my other apartment neighbors. And maybe its also because I too have laminate floors that always look dirty (okay, maybe they are most of the time... but even when we clean them they look bad). So to think that with some creativity, great inexpensive finds, and DIY magic a room like this can be created with such a low cost is sounding pretty awesome to me!
So what do you guys think? What would you want to have in your dream laundry room?
ps- Click here for the link to Kelly's step by step on that awesome stencil wall.
'Design Therapy' is a great segment where we highlight fun DIY's (both small and large scale!) as well as well organized spaces. Anything that breathes new life into an object or area of your home we find therapeutic! If you have a DIY project or well functioning/organized space in your home, we'd love to feature it! Simply click the button below!